The BUH3071 USB 3.0 Hub lets you add seven external USB 3.0 ports to a computer from a single USB 3.0 host connection. Offering data transfer rates up to 5 Gbps, the USB hub meets SuperSpeed USB 3.0 specifications and is backward compatible with USB 2.0 and 1.x devices.
Designed for easy port access when connecting or disconnecting devices, the hub features one-sided port orientation, with current overload detection and protection across all seven ports.The hub supports Plug-and-Play and Hot-Swap technologies, letting you switch and operate your connected devices without having to power down the host computer.
The USB hub is bus powered for use in environments where a power outlet may be unavailable, but is perfect for high-power USB devices when used with the included optional power adapter.
- Expand your system USB 3.0 capabilities with additional ports
- Make USB ports more accessible by positioning the hub anywhere within cable reach
- Extend the range of USB devices by having the hub act as a mid-point repeater
■ 7 downstream USB 3.0 ports with support for up to 5Gbps
■ 7 x BC1.2 fast charging ports
■ Universal, multi-platform compatibility, with no additional drivers required
■ Plug-and-Play and Hot-Swap compatible
■ Backward compatible with USB 2.0 and 1.x devices
■ Current overload detection and protection on each USB port
■ USB bus powered, includes optional external power adapter (Default - 5V,4A)
■ Includes USB 3.0 A to B cable
- Microsoft Windows systems should install latest manufacturer USB 3.0 host controller drivers and Windows Updates for best results. Apple Mac OS X and Linux / Unix systems require latest operating system updates for best compatibility.
- Not recommended for use with older Texas Instruments, Fresco Logic, Etron, or Wistron USB 3.0 host controllers.
- This hub can act as a standalone charger and can charge phones and tablets as it has special charging functionality for charging iPads, iPhones, and other tablets and smartphone devices. It is also BC 1.1 / 1.2 compatible.
- Some devices such as the Apple SuperDrive look for Apple-specific signaling and will not work when connected through any USB hub.
- We do not recommended this hub for use with USB 3.0 PCI-e add-on cards for older Apple Mac Pro systems because of limitations in their software support for USB 3.0 hubs.
- 2.4Ghz wireless devices such as wireless keyboard/mouse receivers, Bluetooth and WiFi adapters, may not work in close proximity to USB 3.0 devices or hubs. Connecting wireless devices to a USB 2.0 port is recommended for best results.